I opened this blog in Feb 2015 but have been more diligent in posting this year. It paid off! I must thank Pawful Living Doggiebloggie for noticing my posts and nominating Nivs24 for the Liebster Award 2016.
As per the rules, I have to answer 11 questions, provide 11 random facts and nominate 5-11 blogs for the award. So here goes…
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is a form of recognizing, admiring and appreciating a fellow bloggers work.
Q: Why did you think of starting a blog?
I started taking photos in 2005 and have an endless archive of snaps. I have tried websites like Picassa, Trek Earth, 500PX and so on. None of them enable the photographer to tell a story. I tried WordPress and got hooked to it. It is a great medium to narrate and interact with audiences who share a similar passion.
Q: What is the one most boring thing about blogging according to you?
Keeping the statistics and interaction going. I want to keep pace and post going every day but it can be tedious at times to post on regular basis.
Q: Do you think you can ever criticize or disagree with somebody’s blog or post? Of course respectfully.
I believe that everyone is right about something because they see it from their perspective. Unless of course it is ridiculous and questions the essence of humanity, I am not going to impose my criticism on others.
Q: How did you choose the name of your blog?
Nickname plus birthdate.
Q: What will be your tips for new bloggers?
Keep your blog alive, post regularly. Once your blog has started attracting spam messages in comment, you know you are getting a bit popular 😀
Take part in challenges to meet new friends.
Use tags and categories for every post.
Q: Describe yourself as a person…
Creative, fun and slightly whacky.
Q: What is your biggest addiction in life?
Filter coffee, photography, tailing my husband wherever he goes. Fortunately, he is not annoyed by it (umm, I think).
Q: What is your philosophy/ideology of blogging? For e.g., – I follow ‘Write what you Feel’
I write about how I see things around me and about how I experience the world. People around me wonder why I clicked the gum wrapper on the floor or why is a torn leaf is important to her. I cannot explain why oddities attract me. The odder it is, the better chances of it getting clicked.
Q: How much of your time is spent on writing new posts versus promoting on social media?
I rarely push my content to Social Media like Facebook. I prefer Twitter and Pinterest because people are looking for your “type” of content. I spend time on writing and engaging with the people within WordPress Media than other social media because I feel the community is more personal here.
What do you think of my blog and any suggestions for improvement?
- I love the blog. It is fun, light and quirky. Maybe you can explore making videos too. I enjoy videos like Maru the Cat and Fum & Gebra; there is great potential for Marlee and you from a video point of view.
- I think your categories can become menu name on top for better emphasis.
- There is a disconnect between your blog name and URL. It does not navigate to your blog URL when I click on your blog name. Perhaps you could remedy that since you could potentially lose many visitors because of the disconnect.
Eleven Random Facts
- I shoot with a Canon EOS Rebel T5i
- I like alternative healing therapies
- I had three cats before, none now 😦
- I read a lot of Dummies guidebook for a variety of topics (just for kicks)
- I am a neatnik
- I do not like Custard Apple (it is not a fruit in my opinion)
- I love my sister to bits and hate the geographic distance between us
- I trust that everything happens for a reason
- I need the sunshine like a sunflower
- I wish my husband is here right now. He is traveling, and I am bored out of my skull
- I collect wine corks
And the Nominees are:
Updated on April 7:
I still had five more blogs to nominate, so I have updated the nominee list.
The Q’s to my Nominees
- How did you come up with a name for your blog?
- Do you change the WordPress theme of your blog?
- Describe the inspiration behind the topics you blog about.
- If you could choose one celebrity to have dinner with, who would it be and why?
- Tea or coffee? Cat or dog? PC or MAC? Day or night?
- Do you engage on other social media platforms? If yes, which one has worked for you?
- Name a few websites (not blogs), you like to visit.
- What is the last book you read? Did you like it?
- What camera do you shoot with?
- Which is your favorite season and why?
- If you could paint anything what would you paint?
If you do accept the nomination, please answer my 11 questions, provide 11 random facts about yourself and nominate 5-11 blogs (with below 1000 followers) for the award. You will have to ask them 11 questions.